SuperHeroines in Distress Channel Charter
Superheroines in Distress is an IRC channel devoted to the entertainment of adult superheroine fans by providing a semi-formal venue for discussion of and role-play based on the superheroines-in-distress/peril/bondage genre.
To accomplish this mission we encourage channel members to:
- Learn and understand the channel rules. The rules can be found
- Learn and understand the adult superheroines-in-distress/peril/bondage genre. To understand
the genre, it helps to understand the comic books (Marvel, DC, etc.), television shows
(Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, etc), and movies (Superman, Batman, X-men, Spiderman,
Daredevil, etc.) that provide the basic background for the adult genre. Websites within the
premise of the adult genre can be found here.
- Keep current with happenings with in the adult superheroines-in-distress/peril/ bondage
- Seek to become a talented and imaginative role-player with in the genre. Suggestions on good
role-play techniques and how to avoid “godmoding” and
“autohitting” are provided by following the links
- Understand that role-play between characters in the channel must be consensual (both players
agree to engage in role-play), but that activities acted out in the role-plays are
non-consensual (the involve distress/peril/bondage which can be in one or more of a myriad of
different forms). Consensual sexual activities are not part of the channel mission as they do
not involve distress/peril. This applies only to in-channel role-play; private role-play is not
governed by the channel.
- Understand that role-play in the channel is about superheroines in distress/peril/bondage.
Other channels or private role-play is available for superhero role-play, or role-play involving
any characters other than superheroines and their adversaries. This applies only to in-channel
role-play; private role-play is not governed by the channel.
- Avoid interfering with ongoing role-plays. This does not mean remain silent during ongoing
role-plays. More than one role-play may go on at the same time, and discussion within the
channel may also occur during role-plays. However, do not attempt to join in on a role-play
without being invited. Do not make disparaging remarks about those engaged in role-play.
- Understand that a channel operator (Op) can require any in-channel role-play to be taken private at any time.